Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Shelby!

My little darling Shelby has now turned 17! Shelby was born on Superbowl Sunday XXVI, boy how time has flown. On Saturday January 24, we were invited by our Bishop Sorensen and his wife to attend as a family with them the open house at the Draper Temple. After viewing the temple, and what an amazing building it was, we went to Joes' Crab Shack with the Bishop and his wife to celebrate with Shelby for her birthday. Our waiter came over and addressed Shelby and had her fitted with a crown and feather boa. While we all sang Happy Birthday to her, Shelby had to say, "I'm a pretty pretty princess!" We had a really fun time!
Later we went to celebrate her birthday at Fawn's house with Fawn and Willis and Addy and even Grandma Darlene. My brother Clint and his wife Sharon and my nephew Brett (who actually turned 16 that day) came over as well so we could celebrate with both Shelby and Brett. All in all I think Shelby had a great day! When we went to pick out her cake she even picked out a football cake! Who knew?? That she would actually LIKE Football, maybe the Superbowl Sunday birth was something huh??!! ??



After we had cake and ice cream, we heard a little racket in the kitchen and realized the Addy was gone....this is what we found!

Apparently she was not done with her cake!

1 comment:

Justin and Tasha said...

Happy Birthday Shelby...17 years seems weird. I remember Brenda picking me up in her bronco at my brothers baseball game and taking me home to let me "babysit" ! Am I old ??? I love little Addy..that is so cute !