Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Don!!


Today is Don's birthday and the family is really missing him. He passed away April 9, 1993. This photo is of little Shelby's (who is now 17) first birthday party in January 1993. Don and Darlene (Shelby's grandparents and sister Fawn are in this photo to help Shelby celebrate her very first birthday). This might have been one of the last photos we have of Don before he passed. We really miss him and wish he was here. Keep smiling down from heaven and we will be watching for your pennies! We love you!!

This poem was written by Tammy when little Tyler was born. Tyler did not ever meet his Grandpa Don here on earth but maybe in heaven before Tyler came to us.

Today is such a special day
For Tyler Don Van Cott has been sent our way
He came to earth
On this given day, we call birth
He left his grandpa Van Cott who he loved
But knows grandpa will walk close with him from up above
As he jumped down off grandpa's knee
It was time to go, for loved ones waiting on earth to see
Grandpa I shall miss you while I am gone
But shall be know on earth As Tyler Don
As he turned to wave good bye
He saw loved ones on earth waiting for his little cry
IT'S A BOY!!!!
The doctor said with great joy
Hi MOM, Hi DAD
I'm here aren't you glad
Sorry for the little wait
For loved ones lined up at heavens gate
I just left heaven and God Above
To you my earthly parents whom I love
With his sweet little spirit
Loved one's came closer to see if they could hear it
Today I will start my life from heaven to earth
And thank you my parents for my given birth.




We all remember Don and his passion for golf, Grandpa Don you have passed on your legacy and talent for golf to many of your grandkids including a granddaughter, Shelby. She is on the High School Golf team (the boys team as a freshman and now the girls team since the High School has finally sactioned in the girls, her Sophmore & Junior year). She is hoping to achieve a scholarship for college through golf....thank you Grandpa Don for helping pass on your talents!!



1 comment:

Whisper said...

BRENDA,
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT POEM, I FORGOT I WROTE THAT.